I don’t think you are ready for our Friday cocktail. I wasn’t ready. The color, the flavor, and the magic of this beverage is going to embarrass that last beer in your refrigerator. Would you like to hear the best part? Though this vibrant and eccentric cocktail looks like it belongs in the “expert mixologist” zone, it only requires a bit more time to brew and freeze the cubes of tea to achieve a trophy-worthy drink.
A big shout out to Venture Glass for creating a gorgeous vessel for a gorgeous drink and to Matt Edwards for being our at home bartender for the afternoon!
A cocktail should be two things: visually appealing and a kick in the taste buds. The tea in this cocktail changes colors depending on the pH of the liquid. Our lime juice kicks off the color change leaving a stunning halo of violet. This drink consists of natural flavors that won't leave an "artificial" taste. A mix of sour, sweet, and a touch of spice. Now go mix up this beauty and impress your friends.
Don't forget to check out "Venture Glass" at https://www.instagram.com/venture_glass/
THE RECIPE: "The Purple Halo with Pâte de Fruit"
prep time: 15 minutes
total time: 20 minutes
servings: 1 drink
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 tea bags "Butterfly Pea Flower Tea"
- 1 1/2 oz Exotic Tequila Blanco
- 5 basil leaves
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz agave syrup
- 2 oz Blackberry Pomegranate flavored sparkling water (optional)
- 1 (20 mg CBD) square of the Schoppee Farm's Old Fashioned Blueberry Pâte de Fruit
- sphere ice mold
Butterfly Pea Flower Ice Cube:
- Bring a cup of water to just under a boil and add the tea bags.
- Let seep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and let cool to room temperature.
- Put one Pâte de Fruit square at the bottom of the sphere mold, pour in the tea and let freeze.
- Remove the ice sphere from the mold.
- In the bottom of a shaker, muddle the basil leaves and tequila.
- Fill the shaker with ice and pour in the lime juice and agave.
- Shake and strain into a double rock glass or oversized coupe.
- Add the ice sphere and top with sparkling blackberry and pomegranate water if you desire.
- Garnish with a basil leaf.
- Watch the "halo" start to form and enjoy!
(Recipe adapted from "Stir & Strain")