Happy "Cocktail Friday!" We are a little late this week posting our hemp-infused beverage because this was our first week back in the fields! As exciting as it was, it also meant we spent less time mixing up and experimenting with yummy concoctions and more time prepping the land for our precious hemp plants. This is the "Penicillin Cocktail" (Shout out to our brother Matt for the recipe.) "A scotch-based drink guaranteed to cure whatever ails you." Well, I wouldn't go THAT far but after a sip I do feel much better about our first week of farming. Enjoy!
P.S. Our little chicks make for incredible background music.
This one is good! As usual its a pretty simple one to make up except for a little prep with the syrups. We went 2:1 honey to water on the honey syrup and 1/4 pound fresh ginger with 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar for the ginger syrup. You can experiment a bit with these to suit your taste. We experimented with a few different scotch options and settled on a pretty mellow blended scotch for the base of the drink and a nice smoky option for the finish. Again, experiment and suit to your taste. Honestly, there didn't seem to be any wrong answer here. Every one we tried was excellent.
For the garnish we used one of our full spectrum hemp infused confections mixed up by our own Chef Andre but they aren't for sale yet. In the mean time we would recommend a nice candied ginger square.
THE RECIPE: Penicillin Cocktail
prep time: 2 minutes
total time: 2 minutes
servings: 1 drink
- 2 oz blended scotch
- 3/4 oz lemon juice
- 2 tsp ginger syrup
- 2 tsp honey syrup
- 1/4 oz smoky single malt scotch
- 1/2 mL (10mg) Schoppee Special Reserve Natural Flavor
- In a shaker add ice, blended scotch, lemon juice, ginger syrup, and honey syrup.
- Shake well and strain over large ice cube in chilled rocks glass.
- Float smoky scotch on top
- Add Schoppee Special Reserve Natural Flavor
- Garnish with crystallized ginger or other ginger confection
THE RECIPE: Ginger Syrup
prep time: 10 minutes
total time: 30 minutes
servings: ~1 cup of syrup
- 1/4 lb fresh ginger (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Peel and slice the ginger.
- Bring ginger, water, and sugar to simmer in small sauce pan.
- Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
THE RECIPE: Honey Syrup
prep time: 1 minutes
total time: 3 minutes
servings: ~2 cups of syrup
- 2 cups honey
- 1 cup water
- Warm honey and water in a sauce pan. Stir.