Friday Gin and Tonic Two Ways (Feat. our Pâte de Fruit)
Did anyone else feel like this week was never-ending? Anyone? Well, the good news is that it’s Friday, the better news is that this incredibly productive and non-stop week called for a strong and simple gin drink. So here ya go. We took advantage of the mix of fresh fruit and garden mint we had at home and decided to use our "Pâte de Fruit" versus the oil to really “dress up” a classic gin and tonic.
We wanted to stick with flavors we offer for our CBD confections when choosing ingredients to compliment the gin. With our raspberry flavored confection we paired the gin with fresh raspberries and rosemary. A surprising yet pleasant pairing (My personal favorite of the two.) We also offer a blueberry confection and since our garden is being overrun by our mint plants we choice to do a little weeding and stir the fresh herb, along with some blueberries, in our second gin cocktail.
Voi lâ! Simple, fresh deliciousness.
THE RECIPE: Two-Way Gin and Tonic with Pâte de Fruit
prep time: 2 minutes
total time: 3 minutes
servings: 1 drink (per version)
- 2 oz of gin (We used Cold River Gin and Back River Gin)
- 5 oz + tonic water
- Fresh raspberries, blueberries, mint, and rosemary
- 1 (20mg CBD) square of the Schoppee Farm's Old Fashioned Blueberry Pâte de Fruit or Schoppee Farm's Old Fashioned Raspberry Pâte de Fruit
- Add ice to a lowball glass and or stemless wine glass.
- Add the gin and top with tonic water.
- Add either the raspberry and rosemary or blueberry and mint combination.
- Garnish with your choice of Pâte de Fruit.