Newsflash: We are tired. It was a 2 am wake up call here on the farm this morning so that we could spread compost tea on our fields! Since we had already been up for 7 hours it was technically time for a drink anyway... you know, by “farm time” standards. This week for our CBD cocktail you have a new face to admire! Matt Edwards, brother and now farmer with us here at the Schoppee Farm, is sharing a unique way of incorporating our hemp flower into a classic "Old Fashion."
If you are into the art of cocktail crafting this drink is for you! Simple enough to recreate but dazzling enough to impress your company. Traditionally we use our CBD oils to top off our Friday hemp-infused cocktails but this week Matt chose our hemp flower as the star ingredient. Smoked with rosemary, our flower helps give this classic “Old Fashion” not only a gorgeous, smoky presentation but a complex aroma and taste.
prep time: 5 minutes
total time: 10 minutes
servings: 1 drink
- 2 oz of "Bulleit Rye Whiskey"
- 1/2 oz of rosemary simple syrup
- 1 + dash of "Fee Brothers Orange Bitters"
- One bud of the "North Lifter Hemp Flower."
- rosemary sprig garnish
- Add the simple syrup, rye whiskey, and couple dashes of orange bitters into a cocktail mixing beaker.
- Stir together.
- Pour mixture into a glass that has a top lid.
- Place one large ice cube into a lowball glass.
- Break off a medium sized bud of flower and a large sprig of rosemary. Using a pair of tongs or large tweezers, pinch together.
- Light the bundle until it is smoking strongly.
- Carefully place bundle at the bottom of your sealable glassware, close the top and let smoke until the fire goes out.
- Slowly pour into your lowball glass and garnish with another sprig of rosemary.